Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Daughter of a King


When Steve and I were still in the process of
praying about if adopting again was 
something Heavenly Father had in his plan for us;
I cam across this picture on another blog
and cried.





















We had been told that after Carlene lost her family 
there were several families checking into adopting her.
So I started looking at some other 
sweet faces on Reece's Rainbow.


And Alice and Lily 
were 2 of the other little faces I had
been looking into.


Along with these 3 girls looking at me
was this incredible quote by a man
I love and admire 
and I even heard him give this talk with
this exact quote in it. 


So I sat and cried as I thought about these
Daughters of a King.


Locked away forever.


Never finding their Happily Ever After.



This is not the end of Carlene's story.

She will get her Happily Ever After.



Alice and Lily still need someone to 

come and rescue them.

Will it be you?



Will you help them learn about a loving Heavenly Father

that wants them to know they are his Princesses?



After we committed to bring Carlene home,

I happened upon one of the songs

that goes with this talk.

I was given a CD that had church music on it in Russian.

Then I was given a link that had the song

"Daughter of a King"

sung in Russian by the Lara Johnson.



How blessed I feel to know that when we get Carlene home

she can listen to this song in her native tongue 

and know that she truly is a princess

a Daughter of a King.



7 comments:

Heather said...

Love it, love it! I wish I could hear the song. For some reason my speakers aren't working. But I love that talk. Anything that President Uchdorf says always speaks to me.

Stephanie said...

Thank you for blogging about Alice....I hope she finds her family soon!

Stephanie Lynch

kecia said...

WOW! Totally sitting here in tears watching this with Mia on my lap. She just sat hear listening. I LOVE that quote with those pictures of those sweet girls too. You are so lucky to have so many pictures of Carlene already! Thanks for sharing this....I may have to borrow it.

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Beautiful song - beautiful little girl. Your heart longs to have her in your arms and in your home.

Brenda said...

Katrina......tears....tears...I ache for you....a mother's ache to hold her baby.....Godspeed! Hope you get to hold her in your arms soon....or may the time pass quickly to that day that moment :0) As usual, touched by your blog and your courage and your faith!!

Brenda

Brenda said...

Katrina, as usual I am touched beyond words....so we wear tears....tears....yes, I am sitting here thinking of you and I am feeling your ache....that mother's ache we can get for our kids....I know you long to hold her.....may the time pass quickly until you have Carlene home and in your arms! One lucky girl.....one blessed family :0)

Penelope said...

I know you are so excited to bring Carlene home!!!