Saturday, November 5, 2011

What's the Hold Up

When I first started this blog
I promised myself it wouldn't be one of those boring
blogs were all you got was an update of what was happening once of week
or where everyday I was hounding you to help us with a fundraiser.

But as we end our first trimester (yes it has now been over 3 months)
since starting on this journey
 I am finding it harder 
to share things with you that I think you will find uplifting or interesting.

I mean 
It seems silly for me to post
We all went to the doctors today to have physicals so check that off the list.
Or, the psychology reports came back but there was a mistake made on
it so we are waiting for it to be mailed again.

I could post
Had everything notarized today and it was $310
then I found out it was all notarized wrong.

See
Not very exciting.

But I do know that there are some of you 
who may be thinking
WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

Are they doing anything to get this poor little girl home?

Well
Yes and No.

We do our part as fast as we can
and then we wait, and wait and wait some more for
freed back to see what we need to do next.

Have I every mentioned that 
I HATE WAITING!

It really is not one of my better qualities. 

I was so excited because I thought
we were finally ready to move forward.

I found out that our homestudy was finally 
FINISHED.

That means we can go to Sacramento
and have everything apostilled 
(a fancy word for cost a lot of money to make sure your notary is legit)

I was planning on leaving on Wednesday afternoon 
and making the 8 hour drive to Sacramento
so that I would not have to wait about 2 weeks 
to get everything back.

Then I found out that my homestudy agency 
did not fill out all the extra paperwork 
that has to go with the homestudy :(

So now
I wait again.

They said they hope they will have it finished 
and ready by Tuesday morning 
but they can't promise anything.

The only thing that keeps me from going insane about this
is the fact that the region we are adopting from
is not accepting any dossiers (all those papers we have to have just right to get an appointment)
right now. 

Not sure why.
Rumor has it too many adoptions this year 
and they don't want to do more than last year
or 
change of authority in her region.

Who knows.

All I know is my hopes of 
traveling in December are quickly fading.

It will most likely be January at the earliest. 

That's just they way things roll 
in the international adoption world. 

So my giant fundraiser that I had planned 
starting Thanksgiving weekend in hopes
that during the fundraiser I would have cute pictures of us
with Carlene to post is not going to happen the way I planned.

So I am going to have to hope and pray it goes over well
anyway without new cute pictures of her.
 Because we do have about $10,000 to raise still before
April or May when we are hoping to bring her home. 

Speaking of fundraisers
Thanks to everyone who participated in the
last one. 
We made $166 from it :)

And if you do want to know more about the day to 
day happenings of our adoption
you should consider following along at

I post the boring updates there more frequently ;)

And because I can't stand when a post doesn't have pictures
here is one of Nevaeh and I from Halloween.
























So even though it seems like forever
Remember that next Halloween
Our little one will be forced dressed up like us too.
And I'll have another creepy looking doll (according to my children)
for her too.

Anyone want to suggest what we all should be?









6 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

Wait - you have to pay for your docs to be notarized?! Stink! And I just don't understand how SO many home studies come back wrong - lacking information - etc. It's so frustrating!

Praying for you...keep on keepin' on!

And next year - I'm thinking you should all be Matryoshka dolls! :)

The Peterson's said...

Love the pic! Pip thought your daughter was her sister Viv. LOL We'll get there friend and the heaven's will celebrate with us when we do. It will be a glorious day!

~Amy

Katrina said...

I love that idea Ashley. Don't know if I am creative enough to pull it off but I can try. And I did find someone who said they would do them for free but that was after the fact. But the next stack of papers I will drive the 45 minutes there and back because I'm sure it won't cost that much in gas.

Amy, we will soon be celebrating. I just keep thinking next year she will be with us at this time. Just so sad that she will have to spend 1 more birthday with no family :(

AdriKrehbiel said...

The wait is the most frustrating part of this whole process. I love your post today!
Adri

Anonymous said...

I just randomly came across you blog and couldn't believe it was sweet Carlene! Wow, I am so happy for your family and so excited that she will have parents. Now if only sweet Charity would find a home and it would be perfect. http://reecesrainbow.org/?s=charity&x=14&y=13

Jamie Wooddell said...

I know the wait is horribly frustrating. Just know that there "will" come a day when you can't remember her ever NOT being with you.

I'm thinking you could all three be princesses next year. Or maybe just dress in traditional Russian clothes. Very pretty!

BTW, I posted the link to the recipe I used for Borscht. Let me know how it turns out!