Sunday, July 22, 2012

So Worth the Wait

So I promised everyone some good news this week 
and I am finally ready to post it here. 

This week as been such an exhausting week. 

You know how you dream of something for so long and have it planned
out exactly how you think it should go but then 
when the moment comes it is usually not how you planned it?

Well, 

That has been what my week has been like. 

Right now I am sitting in a hotel room in Russia typing this blog!

Yep,

You read that right. 

We are here
and 
we have met the little girl we plan on adopting
and calling Natasha.

Our first visit did not go how I imagined it at all. 

You know the ones you have seen where the child runs into 
the parents arms like they have been waiting for them to come their whole life?

Not exactly what happened for us. 

Natasha was preparing to go outside with her group
when they brought her to see us. 

So she was kicking, screaming, crying
and she wanted nothing at all to do with us. 

We brought out our toys and tried to win her over 
but she wanted to go outside. 

We didn't blame her it was just not the way I had pictured our 
first meeting with her. 

We went outside with her and all the other children ran up to us. 

But not Natasha.

She ran far away. 

Can you image a child who normally gets no attention and then 
all of a sudden has 5 adults calling after her and trying to get her attention?
She must have been very scared and confused.  

Finally Steve blew up a ball and we took it over in her direction. 

Things got considerably better from that point on. 

She now decided we could be her friend and playing ball with us was lots
of fun. 

We will not be sharing any photos of her face at this time as 
she is still not officially our daughter but we did sign the referral to go 
back to court and ask to adopt her. 

I will type more about our second and third meetings later when I am not sooo tired. 

It is so beautiful where we are and we have had a really nice time. 

We have fallen in love with her home and her people and 
of course she has stolen our hearts.
We also have started to squeak our way into hers. 

We are so thankful to all of you who have supported us in our journey this far.

We will be working hard the next few months
to finish up our fundraising and paperwork for our court trip. 

Praying to be back in October to see our precious little one again.

So here are the picture I have of us from our first trip with a little flower over her face.

 I am teaching her how to sign ball



Here she is signing ball back to me.

 Steve playing ball with her.




 She loved this little pad




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait until your process is all done and she's officially yours! Following your progress, as well as a few other's adoption stories is slowly giving my RH and me courage to hopefully start an adoption journey one day. Thank you for sharing <3

~Susan R.

Julia said...

OHHH... Butterflies in front of faces is just plain not fair!! Our son Aaron cried too on the day we met him. He was terrified and wanted nothing to do with us. He didn't calm down or show any willingness to interact until we went with this groupa and kicked a ball with him. THEN he too was happy. THANK THE LORD FOR BALLS!!

Jen said...

Look at her bow!!!! I am so excited that you guys got to meet her.

Mary said...

:)!!!