Tonight I spoke with the Russian producer of
He told me he would like to have a film crew tape the arrival
of Natasha's birthday gifts this year so he can hopefully
include it in the launch of the American showing of
Children of the State.
I have had my hopes dashed so many times thinking the
film would actually be seen in the US so I am really not sure what
to expect this time. Here's hoping it will actually be launched this year
and to seeing my sweet girl get her birthday gifts.
Here she is last year getting the doll I sent her.
Here she is last year getting the doll I sent her.
I will keep you all posted as soon as I hear anything.
Now back to my eating plan.
Now back to my eating plan.
So far I have been doing really well with staying on plan.
We were even gone all day yesterday and I managed to not cheat.
Tonight's dinner was especially yummy and easy to make
so I figured I would share it with all of you.
Chicken Enchiladas
THM S Meal
Pictured below is all you need to make a super yummy S meal
that your family will love.
According to Myfitnesspal the carbs on this meal are 11 grams but I
just push a few of the beans to the side and call it good.
If you just don't want to chance that extra carb go ahead
and leave the black beans out.
Most likely you will only get 10 enchiladas instead of 12
but you won't have to stress that you went over the
THM 10 carb rule.
If you just don't want to chance that extra carb go ahead
and leave the black beans out.
Most likely you will only get 10 enchiladas instead of 12
but you won't have to stress that you went over the
THM 10 carb rule.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/80290805834181903/
2 cans 12.5 oz chicken breast
1 can 15 oz black beans
1 can 4 oz chiles
1 can 29 oz enchilada sauce
12 carb balance tortillas
3 cups Mexican Style Blend Cheese
optional-not pictures 1 or 2 cans 2.25 oz sliced black olives
I like the flavor of the enchilada sauce to soak into my chicken
so I open and drain the chicken and place it in the crockpot.
If you don't have a great crockpot I highly recommend this one.
Mine is the older model but I love that it is programmable and
has a locking lid so I don't spill food all over my car
when I take my yummy food to church events or family gatherings.
One year I spilled BBQ Beef all over the back of the car
before getting a crockpot with a locking lid.
It was a nightmare to get the BBQ sauce out of the car carpet.
Remember that any purchase made through my affiliate links go
towards helping Prudence find her forever family.
After I put the chicken in the crockpot I
pour in about 1 cup of the enchilada sauce, the green chiles
and the black beans (drained and rinsed).
I let this cook in the crockpot on warm for 3 hours.
You do not have to do this.
You could just pour all the indigence in a pan and warm it up for a few minutes
or you could even just mix it all together and leave it cold until you
cook it in the tortillas.
I also only use 2 or 3 low carb tortillas because my family is mostly
really thin people who don't need to eat my really expensive low carb tortillas.
I make 2 or 3 low carb ones for me to use as left overs for lunch
during the week.
While the chicken is warming up I pour just enough of the
enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 8x8 pan and a 9x13 pan.
I then use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the meat mixture
and spread it in the tortilla.
Then I roll up the tortilla and stick in in the pan.
When all the tortillas are rolled and in the pan I pour
the rest of the enchilada sauce over them
and sprinkle on the 3 cups of cheese.
Next I drain the olives and sprinkle them on some of the tortillas.
Not everyone in my family likes olives so I leave a few olive free.
I preheat the oven to 350 and bake for about 20 minutes
so the cheese is bubbly.
Tonight I made some yummy guacamole to put on top of my enchiladas.
Tweaking recipes that my family already likes to be low carb for me are my favorite recipes.
I hope this meal is helpful for your family as you work toward
your healthy eating habits and your happy pant's size.
| Nutrition Facts | |
|---|---|
| Servings 12.0 | |
| Amount Per Serving | |
| calories 296 | |
| % Daily Value * | |
| Total Fat 9 g | 14 % |
| Saturated Fat 5 g | 23 % |
| Monounsaturated Fat 1 g | |
| Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g | |
| Trans Fat 0 g | |
| Cholesterol 47 mg | 16 % |
| Sodium 1052 mg | 44 % |
| Potassium 128 mg | 4 % |
| Total Carbohydrate 16 g | 5 % |
| Dietary Fiber 4 g | 18 % |
| Sugars 2 g | |
| Protein 16 g | 31 % |
| Vitamin A | 8 % |
| Vitamin C | 10 % |
| Calcium | 19 % |
| Iron | 6 % |
| * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA. | |

No comments:
Post a Comment