CHANGE IN MUFFIN RECIPE!!!!!
Well, not really a change in the recipe but a change in which Fuel category
it belongs in.
When I made the recipe I was new to THM and thought because the carb and fat content
fell under the requirements of an FP my recipe was an FP.
I have since learned that Bananas and Apple Sauce are always an E Fuel
no matter how much you eat of them.
So I am changing the Fuel on this recipe to E.
Please sign our petition that we plan on taking with us to the
congressional screening of To the Moon and Back.
If you are here for the Banana Muffin recipe it is at the very bottom.
My blog is mostly about our journey in the Russian Adoption Ban.
Which is the reason for all my weight gain and the reason I joined
THM. So the two go together for me. Most my readers don't care
about my weight loss journey but they do care very much about my sweet little
girl stuck in Russia :)
I have had so much going on since December when I blogged last.
Well, not really a change in the recipe but a change in which Fuel category
it belongs in.
When I made the recipe I was new to THM and thought because the carb and fat content
fell under the requirements of an FP my recipe was an FP.
I have since learned that Bananas and Apple Sauce are always an E Fuel
no matter how much you eat of them.
So I am changing the Fuel on this recipe to E.
Please sign our petition that we plan on taking with us to the
congressional screening of To the Moon and Back.
If you are here for the Banana Muffin recipe it is at the very bottom.
My blog is mostly about our journey in the Russian Adoption Ban.
Which is the reason for all my weight gain and the reason I joined
THM. So the two go together for me. Most my readers don't care
about my weight loss journey but they do care very much about my sweet little
girl stuck in Russia :)
I have had so much going on since December when I blogged last.
I had surgery the beginning of February (hysterectomy)
and then I went to the Sedona Film Festival the end of February.
The festival was amazing and the film
To the Moon and Back was extremely well received.
It received a 4.75 out of 5 star rating.
It was the 3rd place documentary as far as audience ratings went.
There were about 75 documentaries entered in the festival.
There were about 75 documentaries entered in the festival.
Next it is going to the Nashville Film Festival in April.
We are also trying to get a congressional screening and I will
keep everyone posted as to when that is and how you can
help get your senators and congressmen to attend.
For those who have not seen the trailer you can view it below.
I was much more impressed with the film than the trailer
as I feel the trailer is kind of dry and focuses too much
on the political side of the ban.
The film is very different and I feel like Susan Morgan Cooper
did a very good job of pulling all the stories that led up to the ban together.
We started a new petition to take with us when we go to the
congressional screening.
Please take a moment to sign and share.
We need our government to understand that these children
have not been forgotten even though it has almost been 4 years since we last saw them.
The Russian documentary Children of the State can now be seen with English Subtitles
on Vimeo for $3.99 to rent.
If you speak Russian it can be seen for free here.
As far as updates on Natasha go I recently found out why she was no longer
on the database.
Someone had guardianship over her but she still lived in the orphanage.
She did go home a few times with them on the weekends
and I was so excited for her to finally have someone to
love her like a daughter.
But then I found out they will not be renewing their guardianship after March.
I am so grateful they didn't take her from the orphanage only to return her.
I have a friend who found out the little boy she loves and still
desperately wishes to adopt had that happen to him.
He was taken home to a Russian family but returned to the orphanage
a few months later.
His brother was adopted by a different family.
We keep praying that someday these two boys will finally end up together.
That's all the updates I can think of for now.
Thanks to everyone who has supported us with their kind words
and prayers over the past 4 years.
I know I stay quiet on my blog but there is not a day that goes by
that I am not contacting someone or trying to figure out some way
to get our children into families.
Please continue to pray for us as no matter how much time goes by
the hole in our hearts has not healed. If anything the ache to see and
hold Natasha again has only grown larger as we continue to watch
her grow up in an orphanage when she could be growing up in a family instead.
Banana Muffin Recipe
CHANGE IN RECIPE
Well, not really a change in the recipe but a change in which Fuel category
it belongs in.
When I made the recipe I was new to THM and thought because the carb and fat content
fell under the requirements of an FP my recipe was an FP.
I have since learned that Bananas and Apple Sauce are always an E Fuel
no matter how much you eat of them.
So I am changing the Fuel on this recipe to E.
CHANGE IN RECIPE
Well, not really a change in the recipe but a change in which Fuel category
it belongs in.
When I made the recipe I was new to THM and thought because the carb and fat content
fell under the requirements of an FP my recipe was an FP.
I have since learned that Bananas and Apple Sauce are always an E Fuel
no matter how much you eat of them.
So I am changing the Fuel on this recipe to E.
To my new friends joining me because you really want some
yummy FP muffins I am so glad you stopped by.
I am very grateful to THM for helping me get down to my
pre failed adoption weight.
I still have lots to lose though and so I am grateful I finally
perfected my banana muffin recipe.
Oh how I have missed a good banana muffin.
I was so anxious to get this recipe out to everyone that I only
took one photo.
Sorry,
this really isn't a food blog but I will
do my best to make sure your muffins are really yummy.
You can substitute any of the THM items
for other things. So you DON'T have to use THM products
to make the recipe.
Any money earned from them will help me with my trip
cost to film festivals and to DC to speak with congress.
Here is the pin link for Pinterest.
I am afraid I haven't learned how to add that to my photos yet.
Here is the pin link for Pinterest.
I am afraid I haven't learned how to add that to my photos yet.
Ingredients needed
Wet
2 medium ripe bananas
3 Tbsp, Natural Apple Sauce No Sugar Added
3 Tbsp, 100% Liquid Egg Whites
6 Tbsp, Almond Milk, Unsweetented, Vanilla
1/4 Cup Triple Zero Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 tsp, Vanilla extract
4 Tbsp(s), Erythritol and Stevia Blend (I use THM Sweet Blend)
Dry
1 tsp Aluminum Free Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp, Salt
1 1/2 cup, THM Baking Blend
1 scoop, THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
(You can find recipes online that tell you how to make your own. It is basically almond flour, coconut flour and oat flour. If you search pinterest for Brianna's baking mix you can find a nut free version too. I use the THM because I am lazy and I don't think it cost any more than mixing it together myself)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
place 12 cupcake liners in cupcake pan
Smash the 2 ripe bananas and then add all the wet ingredients together along with the sweet blend.
Add all the dry ingredients together and mix well.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
Scoop mixture out into cupcake liners.
I used an ice cream scoop and filled them about 3/4 way full.
Bake for 25 minutes but check after 20 just in case they start to get too brown on top.
Muffins should feel spongy to the touch when you take them out.
I have posted below the nutrition information that myfitnesspal says
about the muffins.
I plan on eating one tomorrow with my bacon, eggs and a little butter on top of it.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
I am praying that one day my daughter will finally be allowed to come home.
| Nutrition Facts | |
|---|---|
| Servings 12.0 | |
| Amount Per Serving | |
| calories 67 | |
| % Daily Value * | |
| Total Fat 2 g | 2 % |
| Saturated Fat 1 g | 3 % |
| Monounsaturated Fat 0 g | |
| Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g | |
| Trans Fat 0 g | |
| Cholesterol 0 mg | 0 % |
| Sodium 205 mg | 9 % |
| Potassium 97 mg | 3 % |
| Total Carbohydrate 16 g | 5 % |
| Dietary Fiber 6 g | 25 % |
| Sugars 5 g | |
| Protein 6 g | 11 % |
| Vitamin A | 1 % |
| Vitamin C | 3 % |
| Calcium | 6 % |
| Iron | 3 % |
| * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA. | |

No comments:
Post a Comment