Monday, February 27, 2017

Christmas Gifts For Natasha

I realize I have neglected this blog.....a lot!

I spend time on FB and do post things there but usually forget about my sad little blog. 

I am going to try to be better to share the updates I get about Natasha here. 

I was able to send her Birthday/Christmas Presents again in December
and I have photos from the very sweet people that delivered them for me. 

I will also include a sweet short dance video of Natasha and some of the 
other girls in her orphanage. 

Prepare for photo overload because I don't feel like deciding which ones are the best
and should be shared. 

 Quick story about her outfit and the little doll. 
I purchased them but then decided it would cost more to ship them to my friend
in Maryland than it would for her to just go to Walmart and pick something out for me.
But standing in line in Walmart I had a meltdown and just couldn't take the gifts I had picked
out myself back. 

So I ended up paying more to overnight the package than it did to actually purchase
the outfit and the little doll. 

But in my mind I could picture Natasha lovingly taking the little pacifier and
putting it in and out of the doll's mouth.  

Well, in the pictures below I have exactly what I imagined and am so glad I 
decided to send my handpicked items instead of just having my friend pick something out.

Also, the sweater dress I sent had black leggins with it. 
I guess leggins aren't big in Russia because they didn't put those on her
making her dress look really, really short. 

Oh well. I will remember no leggins next time and am just so grateful 
for the sweet friends who get my gifts to Natasha every year 
and for the wonderful photos I get of her as I watch her grow up 
healthy and happy. 














And here is the most adorable dance video ever.
The girls all did an amazing job
and my heart is so grateful to all the wonderful orphanage
caregivers who love and care for the children. 



On one final note I have some very exciting news!

The story about Natasha and the Christmas Hats is finally 
going to be a Children's Book and should be
finished by the first of April!!!!

For my next blog post I will share more about the book 
and the amazing illustrations that are included in it. 

So stay tuned..........

No comments: