Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Christmas Miracle

Last Christmas I made a video of one of my all time favorite Christmas songs.

The song comes from an album called "The Forgotten Carols"

and has this beautiful song on it about a little shepherd boy that

fell asleep and didn't get to go and see the Christ child

but how he still believed the story even without seeing it.







I love this song because it shows the miracle that Christmas really is.

It shows that a lot of times you have to trust and believe in things

even when you can't see them.

And it shows that there are miracles that still happen today.

Sometimes 

these miracles do not happen the way we think they should.

And sometimes we do not take notice of them

because they do not seem spectacular.

But there are so many miracles that happen all around us

if we just take the time to notice.

This Christmas I did not get the miracle I had been praying for.

And a few nights ago I was really sad that things were not

progressing the way I thought they should.

I was feeling sad and depressed about not knowing more about our little girl.

So I started searching for anything that might help me feel closer to her.

And I found it in the strangest place.

And once again I felt God wrap his arms around me and 

remind me that He's got this.

And that miracles come in His time and in His way.

And I wish so much that I could share my 

Christmas Miracle with all of you.

But now is not the time.

And it might not even seems miraculous to you.

But to me

It was a Christmas miracle and a hug for God. 


Merry Christmas 

Praying that next year she will get to be home celebrating with us.



1 comment:

teal915 said...

I was scrolling through Reece's Rainbow a while back, when I came upon Carlene's picture. Her face struck me, and I wanted to do something. I've been praying for her ever since. I hadn't checked in on Reece's Rainbow for a while, but as I was hopping around, I saw Carlene's picture again and ended up at your blog. I am so thrilled that you are going to adopt her. I will continue to pray that things fall into place for you to bring her home soon.