Thursday, December 29, 2011

One Whole Year

I was reading over old emails last week and found
one I wrote one year ago today to Heather (Anya's mom).

You may remember that one year ago 
Heather's family had just met Anya and were
trying to raise the last of the funds they needed to bring her home.

So I got this great idea to enter my daughter's picture
in one of those Parent Magazine Cute Kids Contest.


The goal was to get enough people to vote for her that we
would win the $250 prize and then be able to donate it
to Anya's Adoption Account.

I mean, who wouldn't want to vote for my adorable daughter
to help bring home another adorable child.

But we didn't win that prize.

Instead it set us on a whole new path.

Here is my email to Heather last year:

Hi Heather,


I'm sorry the contest didn't happen the way I had hoped. But I think something bigger is going on here and I want to ignore it because it scares me and I'm not sure how to tell my husband.


I have been searching Reeces website more and more. I can't seem to go to bed at night without doing so. I have read more blogs written by amazing families that are in the process or have already adopted one of these precious children.

The child I keep being lead to is Carlene. I just googled her name and found a blog where someone is asking that people raise money for her. I then saw your name in the blog. Did you meet Carlene?

I can't even begin to tell you have confused I am right now. I don't know if this is what Heavenly Father wants of me or if I am just feeling compassion for these little ones. I feel so overwhelmed with life as it is right now and I can't even imagine raising that much money.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I am writing this email accept that I am sure you can relate. I read an incredible blog today. I don't know if you have read it before but here is the link. If you have any information on Carlene or more pictures please let me know. I am scared to death on what all this means.

Thanks for listening and I apologize again the our fund raiser didn't work out so well.

Katrina
The blog that I was referring to was written by Julia
and she titled it "A Whisper"

When I read the words she had written I felt as if I could have written them
myself. They were exactly how I was feeling.

Then a picture.  A smiling face.  A helpless child.  The Holy Spirit whisper becomes a scream. 
This child.  In that country. GO.  Now.  Say yes.  Despite the bank account.  Despite the schedule.  Despite the arguments.  Despite it all.  GO. 



A few days after I wrote this email and read this blog
Carlene got a family.

But the feeling still wouldn't go away.

I thought after she got a family I could go back to my normal happy life
and just forget the feelings I had been having.

But they didn't go away.
They just grew stronger.

Talk to your husband anyway.

Plant the seed. 
It will need time to grow in him.

And it did need time to grow. 
About 6 months to be exact. 

But that is when Carlene became available again. 

So even though we have only been at this for 6 months
Carlene has been in my hear for a year now.

Soon sweet girl. 
Soon it will be your turn.

Until then here is a song from when I was a child
that is heard on the movie The Rescuers.

This is my song to my sweet Carlene.







And so this year as you read 
"A Whisper"

And as you listen to Someone's Waiting for You

Ask yourself  if one of these sweet little girls who still need a family
could be your daughter.




























This is Celine
She was just recently moved to the same Institution 
 that Carlene is at. 

She has a warrior named Leah who has been working
so hard to raise money for Celine so that she can have a family too.

As of today, Celine has just over $7,500 in her grant account
to help towards the cost of her adoption.





This is Megan

Megan is one of the little cuties we considered
when we thought Carlene had a family already.

She is the same age as Carlene and is in the 
same region as her.

Megan has over $16,000 in her grant account
to help a family with the cost of her adoption.

So if that whisper that you have been trying to ignore is 
growing louder it maybe that your time is drawing near.

These girls have all had to be brave for far too long.

It is time for them to have a family.

It is time for them to be loved by a mom and a dad,
not just taken care of by overworked caregivers
that change swifts frequently.

So the next time you hear that Whisper or Yell 
ask yourself

Am I the Someone who is waiting to love them?


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would adopt Celine in a second! I've been praying for her pretty much everyday (I'm one of her warriors!)One of her requirements is that the family is "very comfortable" financially...we have 4 kids & live on 1 income, so that would disqualify us. The other thing is that my husband isn't open to this, so... Thanks for your lovely post, and I pray that someone, somewhere will read this and choose to save a life! :)

Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA

Rochelle said...

Praying that your sweet girl is home asap and for these other cuties to find families. Where are they?

Leah said...

thanks Katrina!

Crissilea said...

I feel exactly like you did, are these feelings real that we are meant to be a family or am I just having feelings of compassion and empathy and don't get me started on the money!!! Lol my husband and I have been praying about Celine for a couple of weeks tonight I made him read this. Maybe this is what we both needed to read so we can decide what to do.

Mud pies and Moonlight said...

I love this post...love your heart too, friend...Carlene is one lucky little girl.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting Megan! I'm her prayer warrior and would bring her home in a heartbeat if it weren't for the fact that I'm only 21 and live in England. I love that little girl so much!

Elissa said...

Love both these girls! I just keep checking MFFM because I just KNOW someone will be coming for them.

Brady said...

Wonderful news! Our family and wonderful friends have been working towards raising funds for Megan's adoption. Within two weeks, her account will be over $36,000! I pray that her family will follow those feelings they have felt to adopt this special child!

Brady
www.onestepclosertohome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Brady! That is amazing news!

Leah said...

Brady, thats awesome! I hope Celine & Megan can be adopted together!

Denaze said...

Thank you for sharing this with us! I became a Christmas Warrior for two sweet little boys this year (first time) & have since fallen head over heals for each child. To see Celine and Megan each find their Forever Family would be amazing: together would be a frozen moment in time for me! Brady you and your family are an inspiration!! Ur post is nothing short of a miracle! Happy New Year All!