Yesterday was Natasha's birthday
I spent the whole day working on a video
that shows a lot of the children and families stuck in the Adoption Ban.
I spent a lot of time crying yesterday looking
at all the sweet faces that could be home enjoying Christmases and birthdays.
A lot of the children that were originally matched with Americans have been placed in new homes.
Some were adopted, some taken into foster care and some returned home to biological families.
The publicity the ban has received has opened up the eyes of many in Russia
and they are starting to open their hearts to adoption.
This is a very good thing.
There is no way foreigners would be able to adopt all the children in
Russian orphanages.
I have seen more publicity on organizations that help families keep their
children with special needs.
That is really where the focus should be.
While all these things are wonderful there are still children
stuck in orphanages that could be home right now.
Natasha turned 8 years old yesterday.
For 8 years now she has sat in an orphanage wondering where her family is.
Then she finally finds one that wants her and her government will not
allow the adoption to continue.
As families caught in the ban we have tried to get our President to
negotiate on our behalf but he refuses to do so.
Most Americans feel like the children are Russia's problem and
they do not wish to help either.
Some will come and comment that we have no business
adopting for Russia because of children that have been killed and abused here.
I have no answers for all of these people.
All I know is what is in my heart.
And that is an 8 year old little girl that I met in July 2012.
One that I love so much it brings me to my knees in a puddle of tears thinking of her along in an orphanage,
waiting for us to return just like the children in this video I made.
Please watch and share this video.
Pray for these children that they may be comforted and
for the families that love them.
We just want them to know they have not been forgotten.
1 comment:
I watched it and it was absolutely beautiful. My heart hurts for what the children must think - why the parents didn't return. I pray that one day this will be resolved and these children will come home. Maybe a couple of years older, but home.
Sue - WI - a RR advocate and mom
Post a Comment