I am exited to announce the 5/5/5 for Families FB page.
During our adoption process I thought it be great
if there was a way for families to be supported towards the end of
their adoption.
This is the time when you are the most exhausted from yard sales,
bake sales, car washes, auctions, selling everything you can find worth
any value to someone else and all the other things you have done
to fund your adoption.
One night I came up with the 5/5/5 idea.
It would be a minimum $5 donation
to help 5 families
on the 5th of every month.
Of course if someone wanted to donate $25
so each of the families was getting $5 from them
that would be great too.
Most people think their small donation of $5 can't do much good
but when you put everyone's $5 together it goes a very long way.
One of the requirements we are asking from the 5/5/5 families
that are awarded the funds is that they pay it forward
for at least 6 months after they get home.
We are hoping they ask their friends and family to do the same thing.
But to make this successful we need a lot of people who normally
do not donate or know anything about special needs adoption to sign up.
So please like and share our FB page with others.
Let them know that their $5 will help families adopt children
who are living in orphanages because of their special needs.
Show them what the love of a family can do for a child that
has never known love before.
Here are some pictures of children that made it home from Russia
that are celebrating the 4th of July and very grateful that
there were people who cared enough to donate $5 to get them home.
Vahnya
Alex
Anya and Hazel
I had the pleasure of meeting Anya and Hazel as they
spent some time with our family in April.
I am grateful I was a small part of getting them home.
Please sign up to make a $5 reoccurring donation and
help more children just like them get home to their families.
Make sure to like our FB page too.



No comments:
Post a Comment